7 November 2018, 14:00 – 17:00 (CET), FAO HQ, Rome (Italy)
On 7 November 2018, the Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition will launch its new policy brief: "Preventing nutrient loss and waste across the food system: Policy actions for high-quality diets".
This brief argues that a reduction in food loss and waste, particularly in high nutrient foods, has the potential to yield substantial nutritional benefits, contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, and the advancement of the Decade of Action on Nutrition. It also argues why addressing food waste and loss should be a new priority for improving nutrition.
On the panel:
- Sir John Beddington, Co-Chair, Global Panel on Agriculture; and Food Systems for Nutrition.
- Prof K. Srinath Reddy, President, Public Health Foundation of India; and Global Panel Member.
- Rachel Kyte, CEO, Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All); and Panel Member.
- Prof Patrick Webb, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy; and Director, USAID’s Feed the Future Nutrition Innovation Lab.
If you wish to attend in person, the registration is compulsory. Please REGISTER HERE.
Alternatively, you can watch the event live from the FAO
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed