On 30 and 31 January 2019 join a Global Breastfeeding Collective Webinar in Support of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement to be held in English, French and Spanish.
Breastfeeding benefits everyone. Breastfeeding acts as a baby’s first vaccine, providing antibodies that give babies everywhere a critical boost. It promotes cognitive development in children, which leads to higher educational achievement and greater earnings in adulthood. Breastfeeding reduces the burden of childhood illnesses such as diarrhea and pneumonia—two of the leading causes of deaths in children under age 5 globally — lowering health care costs and creating healthier families. Breastfeeding is also important for mothers, protecting and improving their health.
Many SUN member countries have made considerable progress to protect, promote and support breastfeeding, but more needs to be done. Organised by the SUN Movement Secretariat and the Global Breastfeeding Collective, this webinar will:
- Introduce tools to support advocacy efforts in SUN member countries.
- Inform SUN Government Focal Points and members of multi-stakeholder platforms about the work of the Global Breastfeeding Collective, its Call to Action and tools to support advocacy.
- Share country experiences of successful breastfeeding advocacy efforts to affect policy changes, increase investment in breastfeeding programmes and improve quality of care and support to mothers, and describe challenges encountered.
- Encourage action in countries to improve breastfeeding policies and programmes as per the Global Breastfeeding Collective Call to Action based on the lessons learned.
To RSVP to the Webinars please see the links below:
January 30 (Wednesday)
• Webinar 1 (English): Asia 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (CET) > http://bit.ly/breastfeeding2019rsvp1
• Webinar 2 (English): Africa 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (CET) > http://bit.ly/breastfeeding2019rsvp2
January 31 (Thursday)
• Webinar 3 (Français): Africa 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (CET) > http://bit.ly/breastfeeding2019rsvp4
• Webinar 4 (Español): Latin America 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (CET) > http://bit.ly/breastfeeding2019rsvp3
- Condolences for former Director-General Jacques DioufAugust 18, 2019 - 12:00 am
- One year on, close to 5 million pigs lost to Asia’s swine fever outbreakAugust 9, 2019 - 12:00 am
- We need better stewardship of our land to tackle climate change, safeguard food security and conserve biodiversityAugust 8, 2019 - 12:00 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed