WFP HQ, Rome (Italy)
At the event we will discuss the key findings of the 2018 Global Nutrition Report, highlighting the many connections across the Sustainable Development Goals for nutrition. The session will be an engaging occasion for sharing insights and commitments regarding nutrition action at all levels.
Please bring with you a smartphone, tablet or laptop to participate in this interactive event.
- Senior Representative of the Government of Kenya, SUN Member.
- Jessica Fanzo, PhD, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor at Johns Hopkins University
- Anna Lartey, Director, Nutrition, FAO
- Lauren Landis, Director, Nutrition, WFP
- Margarita Astralaga, Director of the Environment, Climate, Gender and Social Inclusion Division, IFAD
The Global Panel’s strength is in its foundation – as an independent group of influential experts with a commitment to tackling global challenges in food and nutrition security. Due to the wealth of knowledge and experience of its members, it is able to provide strategic thinking and deep analysis on a variety of emerging issues and present that information through both policy briefs and foresight reports. These evidence-based reports provide the necessary interlinkages when addressing issues of urbanization, consumer behaviour, food environments, food safety, climate change and more.
GLOPAN pledges their support to the UN Decade of Action on Nutrition. Their reports act as a contribution to the Nutrition Decade because they provide substantive modelling and trend analysis to help policymakers better understand trends in agriculture and diets and to estimate costs/benefits of new agriculture and food policies. The Global Panel also convenes a High Level Stakeholder Group to ensure the success of the ongoing Foresight 2.0 project by drawing on the strategic and practical advice of the Group members and their influence in policy environments.
Furthermore, they will continue to bring together policymakers from different sectors in the food systems, as well as deliver evidence and tools to encourage and support governments in low- and middle-income countries as they design and implement food and nutrition policies. These efforts will be done in collaboration with international and regional partners.
For further information, we welcome you to read the full commitment here.
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed