11-15 March 2019
The United Nations Environment Assembly is the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. It addresses the critical environmental challenges facing the world today. Understanding these challenges and preserving and rehabilitating our environment is at the heart of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Under the overall theme Innovative solutions for environmental challenges and sustainable consumption and production, the 2019 UN Environment Assembly will address the following three focus areas:
(a) environmental challenges related to poverty and natural resources management, including sustainable food systems, food security and halting biodiversity loss;
(b) life-cycle approaches to resource efficiency, energy, chemicals and waste management; and
(c) innovative sustainable business development at a time of rapid technological change.
More info available here.
11-22 March 2019
United Nations HQ, New York (USA)
The sixty-third session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 11 to 22 March 2019.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are expected to attend the session.
- Priority theme: Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls;
- Review theme: Women’s empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session)
More info available here
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
- A battle plan for insuring global food supplies during the COVID-19 crisisMarch 26, 2020 - 10:00 am
- FAO Director-General urges G20 to ensure that food value chains are not disrupted during COVID-19 pandemicMarch 26, 2020 - 1:00 am
- The COVID-19 pandemic is disrupting people’s food environments: a resource list on Food Systems and Nutrition responses.March 25, 2020 - 1:00 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed