11-15 March 2019
The United Nations Environment Assembly is the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. It addresses the critical environmental challenges facing the world today. Understanding these challenges and preserving and rehabilitating our environment is at the heart of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Under the overall theme Innovative solutions for environmental challenges and sustainable consumption and production, the 2019 UN Environment Assembly will address the following three focus areas:
(a) environmental challenges related to poverty and natural resources management, including sustainable food systems, food security and halting biodiversity loss;
(b) life-cycle approaches to resource efficiency, energy, chemicals and waste management; and
(c) innovative sustainable business development at a time of rapid technological change.
More info available here.
11-22 March 2019
United Nations HQ, New York (USA)
The sixty-third session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 11 to 22 March 2019.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are expected to attend the session.
- Priority theme: Social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls;
- Review theme: Women’s empowerment and the link to sustainable development (agreed conclusions of the sixtieth session)
More info available here
- Enhancing the contribution of family farmers to sustainable developmentJuly 17, 2019 - 12:00 am
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2019 – Safeguarding against economic slowdowns and downturnsJuly 15, 2019 - 12:00 am
- Small island developing states need to take ownership of measures to combat obesity and hungerJuly 15, 2019 - 12:00 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed