The 2019 ZimVAC Rural Livelihoods Assessment results have been published and are ready to be shared at all levels. The dissemination exercise will be running concurrently with an update. Due to various changes that have happened resulting in shifts in the economy and environment, it has been recommended that we update the 2019 ZimVAC findings through a data collection tool which was shared with key stakeholders in advance and requires latest information from key informants at district level using a focus group approach. District teams are gathering and aggregating all the required data on the template and provincial/national teams are meeting them to validate and collect the data within the districts.
Overall objectives of the ZimVAC 2019 Dissemination and Update
The 2019 RLA results dissemination and Urban Livelihoods Assessment results discussion at provincial and district level is aimed at bringing results to sub-national structures in order to cater for the different levels for policy-making, programme planning and development and implementation. The dissemination will also provide a valuable platform to further discuss the implications of the results, issues/indicators that need to be monitored and provide a feedback mechanism of issues to be considered as priority in planning. A template will also be used to provide an update on the 2019 ZimVAC results on selected thematic areas with the aim to inform short, medium- and long-term interventions that address immediate needs as well as long term needs and are designed to build resilient rural and urban livelihoods.
The specific objectives are;
- To describe the current status at district level in terms of access to basic services such as (productive and domestic water situation), markets, prices of livestock and basic commodities.
- To assess occurrence of diseases in livestock and malnutrition in children under the age of 5 years during the third quarter of 2019.
- To determine livelihood opportunities currently available for the communities.
- To determine the coverage of support programmes that aim to alleviate hunger and malnutrition amongst communities.
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed