Thu, Feb 6, 2020 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (GMT)
Registration: Confirm your attendance by sending an email to Arnold Timmer, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 3rd February 2020.
The objective of the webinar is to disseminate the new Guidance on the Monitoring of Salt Iodization Programmes and Determination of Population Iodine Status (attached) to programme managers and other national and international stakeholders involved in iodine nutrition and salt iodization programmes. The webinar is based on the recommendations published by UNICEF in the Guidance on the Monitoring of Salt Iodization Programmes and Determination of Population Iodine Status in 2018.
The UNICEF Guidance on the Monitoring of Salt Iodization Programmes and Determination of Population Iodine Status has compiled the lessons learned of decades of programme monitoring. It provides a set of recommendations and adjustments in the way monitoring should take place. The Guidance is intended to complement and update information contained in the WHO Guideline on Fortification of Food-grade Salt with Iodine for the Prevention and Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (2014) and the WHO/UNICEF/ICCIDD Guide for Programme Managers on Assessment of Iodine Deficiency Disorders and Monitoring their Elimination (2007).
- Background iodine nutrition programmes.
- Monitoring salt iodization and iodine status.
- Recommended changes in monitoring programme performance and impact.
- Questions and answers.
- Mawuli Sablah (UNICEF HQ, Nutrition Specialist)
- Jonathan Gorstein (Iodine Global Network, Executive Director)
- Roland Kupka (UNICEF HQ, Senior Adviser)
- Arnold Timmer (IGN Senior Adviser and moderator)
Please join the webinar from your computer, tablet or smartphone:
You can also dial in using your phone:
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2073
United States: +1 (571) 317-3129
Access Code: 165-314-661
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020July 13, 2020 - 12:00 am
- As more go hungry and malnutrition persists, achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 in doubt, UN report warnsJuly 13, 2020 - 12:00 am
- Launch of the The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World Report 2020July 13, 2020 - 12:00 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed