28 July 2020, 2:00 to 3:30pm (Rome time)
Through an interactive discussion, this event will offer participants an opportunity to learn about the work of the gFSC and the initiatives under the CFS, especially the relevance of the Guidelines. Discussions will touch on ways to promote their use in shaping policies and coordinated action at country and regional levels.
Panelists will provide an overview of the work of the CFS and its role in the global governance of food security and nutrition, present the content of the Guidelines with particular attention to the policy recommendations included in Part 3, and present ideas on how UN agencies and bodies could promote their implementation.
More specifically, the webinar will:
- Familiarize participants with the CFS and showcase examples of its processes and products;
- Introduce participants to the current version of the Guidelines, its core messages and overarching goals;
- Stimulate a discussion on the potential role of the Guidelines in steering policymakers and relevant stakeholders when designing policies, laws, regulatory frameworks, strategies, and programmes at local, country, and regional levels;
- Reflect on potential areas of collaboration between the CFS and the gFSC, with particular attention to the potential use of CFS products – and more specifically the Guidelines – in support of the gFSC’s coordination activities, strategic programming and operations.
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed