Thu, September 24, 2020 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM CEST
This event will highlight the impact of COVID-19 on malnutrition conveyed by the Standing Together for Nutrition (STfN) consortium. With worrying increases in child wasting and child death as a result of the pandemic, the heads of four UN agencies have put forward an urgent call to action. It will be discussed how the international community can respond to this call for action, move forward to mitigate the damage and protect children’s right to nutrition in the face of this pandemic.
The event is co-sponsored by the Governments of Bangladesh and Canada, and organised by GAIN and Micronutrient Forum (MNF), co-leads of the Standing Together for Nutrition (STfN) Consortium.
Thursday, 24 September 2020 - 10 AM (NY time)
Virtual event - Register here
This UNGA side-event will review the current work of the UN Inter-Agency Task Force on NCDs (UNIATF) and agree on the ways to provide more effective UN system support to enable countries scale up their responses to NCDs during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
Follow live on UN web TV
Share on social media #fotf #fotf2020
Food-based strategies have the goal of improving nutrition through increasing the availability and consumption of a nutritionally adequate micronutrient rich diet made up of a variety of safe, affordable nutritious foods.
Fortification, biofortification and improved dietary practices are considered important food-based strategies to reduce anaemia due to iron and other nutritional deficiencies.
Please join us in this webinar where we will discuss the status of these interventions globally and how they can be combined by countries to achieve the global target of halving anaemia in women by 2030.
This publication outlines methods and actions for countries to monitor nutrition-related spending. It will contribute to understanding the importance and opportunities for countries to use costing and tracking their nutrition-sensitive investments in agriculture and food systems. The lessons outlined here focus on the implementation of national nutrition plans to sustain results and impact, with attention to decisions influencing the budget planning and analysis for nutrition.
This budget analysis guidance note was written by FAO in collaboration with the SUN Movement Secretariat and with substantial contribution from the UN Network, Results for Development and MQSUN+.
For more information visit: http://www.fao.org/nutrition/policies-programmes/enabling-environment-for-improved-nutrition/en/
- SUN Country MeetingApril 30, 2019 - 1:28 pm
- SUN Global MeetingApril 12, 2019 - 11:26 am
- ZimVAC Kariba WorkshopDecember 20, 2018 - 9:02 am
- World Food Day 2018December 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
- Chipinge Food FairDecember 19, 2018 - 8:47 am
- Documentation of the Role of Chiefs in Promoting Food and Nutrition SecurityDecember 19, 2018 - 8:46 am
- Virtual Event: Artificial Intelligence, Food for All. Dialogue and ExperiencesSeptember 24, 2020 - 12:00 am
- Webinar discussion on COVID-19 and global malnutritionSeptember 24, 2020 - 12:00 am
- UNGA Side event – UN Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases: working with Member States to deliver the NCD-related Sustainable Development Goal targets during and beyond COVID-19September 24, 2020 - 12:00 am
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed