The 2018 Global Nutrition Report shares insights into the current state of global nutrition, highlighting the unacceptably high burden of malnutrition in the world. It identifies areas where progress has been made in recent years but argues that it is too slow and too inconsistent.
The report puts forward five critical steps that are needed to speed up progress to end malnutrition in all its forms and argues that, if we act now, it is not too late to achieve this goal. In fact, we have an unprecedented opportunity to do so. The UN Decade of Action on Nutrition 2016–2025 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide global and national impetus to address malnutrition and expedite progress.
2018 Global Nutrition Report Italy launch
20 February 2019, 10:00am (CET)
WFP HQ, Rome (Italy)
The event will present and discuss the key findings of the 2018 Global Nutrition Report, highlighting the many connections across the Sustainable Development Goals for nutrition. The session will be an engaging occasion for sharing insights and commitments regarding nutrition action at all levels.
Please bring with you a smartphone, tablet or laptop to participate in this interactive event.
- Senior Representative of the Government of Kenya, SUN Member.
- Jessica Fanzo, PhD, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor at Johns Hopkins University
- Anna Lartey, Director, Nutrition, FAO
- Lauren Landis, Director, Nutrition, WFP
- Margarita Astralaga, Director of the Environment, Climate, Gender and Social Inclusion Division, IFAD
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed