Wednesday 27 March 2019 - 12:15 PM to 01:45 PM EDT
IFPRI, Washington, DC
IFPRI’s flagship report reviews the major food policy issues, developments, and decisions of 2018, and considers challenges and opportunities for 2019 at the global and regional levels.
Rural people around the world continue to struggle with food insecurity, persistent poverty and inequality, and environmental degradation. This year’s Global Food Policy Report highlights the urgency of rural revitalization to address the crisis in rural areas.
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme (video message)
- Channing Arndt, Director of Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI
- Jamison Ervin, Manager for Global Programme on Nature for Development, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, United Nations Development Programme
- Hazel Malapit, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Ruth Meinzen-Dick, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Danielle Resnick, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- James Thurlow, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
A light lunch will be provided starting at 11:45am. The event will begin promptly at 12:15pm.
Unable to attend in person? Click here to watch online.