In an effort to present nutrition related news at the global and country level, UNSCN and the UNN Secretariats have teamed up to deliver the final edition of Nutrition News, providing a comprehensive overview of recent developments supported and/or coordinated by the UN system.
The final issue for 2020 includes:
- UN Nutrition, the future looks bright!
- Farewells and Hello’s within the Steering Committee
- Revising plans for COVID-19 response: UNN-REACH work in Lesotho and Sierra Leone
- Global governance for nutrition: Updates from the CFS
- Second round of mapping in Niger reveals shortfalls and clarifies nutritionpriorities
- UNSCN Knowledge Management Survey Results
- World Food Programme awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2020
- Non-traditional actors align nutritionpriorities in Papua New Guinea
- Sustainable food systems to acheive the SDGs
- FAO turns 75 and celebrates World Food Day
- Setting up a UN Network in Honduras: Challenges and opportunities in the COVID-19 era
- Nutrition in a Digital World Webinar Series
- IAEA Technical Meeting focuses on the Role of Stable Isotope Techniques in Evaluating Food-based Approaches to Improve Diet Quality
- Conference of the Sustainable Food Systems ProLatest Publications and Nutrition Related Events
Sign up for UNSCN E-Alerts and E-Newsletters here.
©WHO/ Saffea Gborie
Schools offer an opportune and favorable setting to accelerate action and contribute to the systemic action required to end malnutrition in all its forms. The benefits of school nutrition initiatives can extend well beyond nutrition – improving school enrolment and attendance, empowering women and girls, creating value chains for local food producers, supporting sustainable agriculture and ensuring safe and protective environments for growth and learning.
UN agencies have worked to develop a range of tools and resources to support governments, institutions and partners in advancing school-based and school-linked nutrition action in all contexts, including protracted crisis and humanitarian settings.
The Community of Practice on School Nutrition, facilitated by UNSCN, has published the first edition of their Inventory on School Nutrition initiatives. This inventory takes stock on the most up to date guidance, tools and resources from UN agencies in collaboration with their partner organizations to advance the school nutrition agenda and provides a quick reference tool for anyone looking to take action on school nutrition.
The School Nutrition CoP plans to publish yearly editions to update the inventory content under UN Nutrition, in order to provide an up-to-date repository of UN agencies core work in the area of school nutrition.
Tel: +263 242 860 327
1574 Alpes Road
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 4:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed